Tuesday 16 October 2012

The Bungalow needs to learn something

They need to learn a little something something about good service that is.

I went down to The Bungalow this past Sunday for drinks with friends only to be disappointed. Not by the venue itself, that's superb. What was once the popular La Med in Clifton is now the newly renovated Bungalow Restaurant and Lounge. Same place, same views and same vibe, except at The Bungalow this weekend I was treated with unsatisfactory service.

It isn't even Summer yet, the place wasn't even full, and I waited 10 minutes at the bar for two beers and a mojito. Our friends who were waiting at a table for us had had a similar experience, on ordering two bottles of Rose they were not served in ice buckets but rather placed on the table in the late afternoon sun. Now I'm not a particularly fussy person, but I do hate bad service and I am not afraid to say so. However at a spot like The Bungalow you expect good service, its a classy joint and for a place like good service isn't just the cherry on top, its the second foundation layer just on top of the view. I've been known to vocalize my feelings in a restaurant but The Bungalow on a chilled Sunday evening just isn't the right spot, especially when you're comfortably seated with the sea right in front of you. So here it is, my written complaint about the service at The Bungalow. Please guys, sort yourselves out before Summer really is here, because the crowds are only going to grow down on that prime real estate you've got there.

(image exported from www.exclusivevillas.co.za)

(image exported from www.dining-out.co.za) 

(image exported from www.flickr.com) 

(image exported from www.restaurants.co.za)

No comments:

Post a Comment